Fast Response - Call 510-886-1236
Cimi-Shield stays in place for up to two years, killing existing bed bugs and any new ones that may accidentally be brought in, when protocol is followed. You may be surprised to know they can hide out for over a year between feedings. Heat treatment or a toxic gas fumigation only last a day and if any bugs are missed or newly introduced, you are out of luck; they leave nothing behind to kill bed bugs the next day, week, month or year. The traditional toxic methods have a very short half-life and aren’t effective after 60 days. Non-toxic Cimi-Shield is your best bed bug solution. It is safe for you, your pets, and the environment. Call 510-886-1236 now to get your personal quote and to find out more about our low cost solution with a 1 Year Conditional Warranty.
Non Toxic Bed Bug Control
The fastest, most comprehensive, longest lasting and safest bed bug control is done with a Non-Toxic material called Cimi-Shield. Its active ingredient is soy oil and soy protein. The U. S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) lists this active ingredient under the heading of GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe.) Therefore it is exempt from pesticide registration under section 25b of FIFRA (the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act).
It is not like old-fashion neurotoxins which effect the nervous system and to which bedbug have become quite resistant. This is mechanical pest control. The polypeptide chains in Cimi-Shield act as an emulsifying agent which dissolves the waxy coating on the insects’ exoskeletons so they dehydrate and die in seconds or a few minutes of contact. The bugs arenʼt resistant to it and are unlikely to become so. Humans and other mammals like dogs, cats, or other animals do not have waxy coatings to hold in moisture, so they are not affected by Cimi-Shield. In fact, soy is in cooking oil, energy bars, hamburger helper, soy milk, tofu, and numerous other foods. The manufacturer even puts a banner with each bag of material stating: “This product is 100% non-toxic and will not harm the environment”. It is also virtually odorless and non-staining.
It meets the requirements of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency to qualify for exemption from registration as a pesticide under section 25b of FIFRA (the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act). The active ingredient is listed as GRAS (Generally Regarded As Safe) by that same agency.
The Congress and the EPA have encouraged our industry to use safer and less toxic materials whenever possible. Some extremely able scientists answered that call and developed this product. While the material itself is quite expensive, we find that itmakes up for that in labor savings as we can usually establish control in one visit instead of the 3-5 visits required by toxic methods. Furthermore, the protective action of this product lasts for a full year, so our clients do not have to pay for three to six bimonthly services which is customary with most toxic applications. Toxic pesticides are required to have very short half lives so that they will not build up in the environment. This means after the application you have a short period of relief.
Cimi-Shield, more than any other, may turn the tide on what seems to be an unstoppable epidemic of bedbugs. Since bedbugs feed on sleeping humans, we create a “Virtual Minefield” around your sleeping and resting areas with Cimi-Shield to intercept the bugs as they travel to and from your places of rest. It is so safe, it is allowed to have a long life, and it still is protecting you from bedbugs a year after application (see 1 YR Warranty tab).
This photo of Cimi-Shield particles is magnified 10,000 times. Six million of these would fit on one square inch but we apply it at about 5-10 million particles per square foot. There is no way a bug can approach your resting place without picking up millions of particles.
Congress, the EPA, and environmental groups are also encouraging the use of IPM (Integrated Pest Management). This is the use of non-pesticidal means of pest control and therefore it is also non-toxic by definition. At Bed Bugs all Gone this is the other half of our approach as we turn any sleeping/resting area into an “Island Fortress”.
First, we encapsulate the box springs and mattresses with bedbug proof enclosures. These encapsulations pay for themselves by also waterproofing and stain-proofing your bed so you get years more useful life. Second, we isolate the bed from the floor and the walls with interception devices that prevent the bugs from climbing on to the bed. As they continue to march around the bed looking for a pathway up, they encounter more and more of our Cimi-Shield minefield, which causes their demise.
Now you can see why Bed Bugs all Gone is so pleased to bring you this solution with its long lasting results, and exceptionally affordable rates (see Best Value).
At Bed Bugs all Gone you will enjoy the best overall value and results.
- - We respond rapidly to anywhere in the San Francisco Bay Area and work long hours, six days a week to make sure you get the absolute best service…quickly, thoroughly and safely.
- - Your family and pets are totally safe since our treatment is non-toxic. We use Cimi-Shield, guaranteed by the manufacturer to be 100% non-toxic and “Generally Regarded As Safe” (GRAS) by the EPA. Its active ingredient is soybean oil, a natural substance which dissolves the bug’s waxy coating so bed bugs die from dehydration in just two to eight hours after exposure to Cimi-Shield.
- You have to do little or no preparation before we come out.
- - You get zero surprises since our fees are clearly noted (see the Best Value). In speaking with you by phone, we inform you that our fees vary depending on whether the property is vacant or occupied; unfurnished or furnished; and/or the level of infestation and clutter. We can give you a firm quote by phone 510-886-1236
- Non-toxic Cimi-Shield treatment kills bed bugs for an entire year and comes with a standard one year conditional warranty.
- We offer K-9 inspections. K-9’s have over 1,000 times the scenting ability of humans; it is incredible! Dogs are far more accurate in finding bed bugs than a human doing a physical inspection since bed bugs hide during the day. Our dog, Megan, is specially trained and is faster and far more precise than any human inspection.
- - We are local and family owned. Our owner was born in Palo Alto and received his degrees at Stanford. Our dog handler did her graduate work at San Jose State University.